Sunday 28 April 2013

Rolando Villazon celebrates Giuseppe Verdi in Frankfurt

After night bus to Oslo Gardermoen Airport and my flight to Frankfurt via Copenhagen it was great to land in Frankfurt. It was sunny and hot springtime. I took the train to the train station and soon I was in my room in Intercity Hotel. After eating and resting it was time to go to the Alte Oper.

APRIL 25, 2013

Rolando Villazon was his usual animated self. Acting every ounce of the arias.

PROGRAMME

Nabucco - Ouverture

I Lombardi - La mia letizia infondere (I would have loved it even more if he had sung Don Carlo - Io l'ho perduta as previously announce)

I Masnadieri - Preludio

Il Corsaro - Eccomi prigioniero

The romance Il Mistero orchestrated by Luciano Berio (I would have liked it more if he had sung the original even though Berio can be fun)

Luisa Miller - Ouverture

Luisa Miller - Quando le sere al placido

PAUSE

Otello - Preludio ( interesting piece but Verdi did not write a prelude to Otello, did he?)

Oberto - Ciel che feci! .... Ciel pietoso

Macbeth - Balletti

Macbeth - O figli .... Ah, la paterna mano

I vespri Siciliano - Ouverture

Romance (Berio) Deh pietoso, oh addolorata

L'esule

3 extras: romance Non t´accostare all´urna, Il poveretto, Brindisi


No comments: